Student Support Services
Welcome to the Student Support Services Department
The Student Support services at CJMLC is an integral part of the support system available to our students. The support offered by the team seeks to address and aid students in removing barriers to learning. The team deliver their provision through one to one mentoring and group support programmes and manages the counselling service in the school. The programmes aim to empower students by raising levels of self-esteem and self-awareness in order to prepare them for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences in both school and in their adult life.
Aims and Objectives:
- To identify and work towards removing barriers to learning.
- To enable students to recognise and aim to achieve their full potential.
- To allow students a space to share and open up with a trusted member of staff.
- To support the aims and objectives of the School Improvement Plan.
- To set appropriate and achievable targets for individuals.
- To work closely with staff to ensure the specific needs of each student are met.
- To enable students to acquire the social, emotional and academic skills necessary to achieve at school and in life.
Inclusion Dept. Staff:
- Mr W Moscatelli (Student Support Services Manager and Inclusion Manager)
- Miss E Palmer (Mentor & Inclusion room Supervisor)
- Mrs A Sylvester-Charles (Mentor, Chaplain, RE Teacher, Pastoral Support officer)
Overview of the support at CJMLC:
One to One Mentoring:
Mentoring Sessions are 1 hour sessions weekly for a minimum of 6 weeks, dependent on need. The aims of the sessions are to support and coach individual students with their holistic wellbeing.
There are several support groups aimed to support students in removing their barriers to learning and aid their development and wellbeing, presently we have the following topics covered:
Our new Year 7s can sometimes need a little extra support with adapting to a new school and system. The Transition Programme is tailored to guide and equip our young women with tools and strategies to make positive actions and decisions in and outside of school.
Behaviour Support Programme:
Here at CJMLC, we believe that our young women have truly incredible potential and the Behaviour Support Group Programme aims to engage, motivate and empower young women to take positive actions in their life and within our school and their local communities.
Anger Management Programme:
The Anger Management Programme allows our young women to recognise the root of their frustrations and provides a space to discuss and work through these issues. Strategies for improvement are developed, adopted and reviewed each session.
Social Media and Self-Esteem Programme:
Our Social Media Programme aims to explore and discuss the positive and negative impact of social media. We create personalised strategies to empower our young women to develop confidence, self-esteem and self-worth in their lives.
Latest programme to date also are:
Positive Pathways Programme:
to support the possible anxiety of a new environment for our young students.
Friendship & trust Programme:
identifying and recognising the value and importance of positive friendship.
Aim to develop and increase self-esteem.
One to One Counselling is practiced by ‘The Catholic Children’s Society’. Our young women will meet weekly with a trained psychotherapist who will provide necessary and individualised support according to needs.
Young Carers Drop-In Sessions:
Some of our wonderful young women are Young Carers for family members. The drop-in sessions are available on request, create a space which allows CJMLC students to develop strategies to manage, whilst connecting and supporting each other.
Student Support Services Navigation
- Art and Design Technology
- Careers/AIG Dept.
- Business Studies
- Student Support Services
- Media Studies
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Enhanced Learning Department
- Extended Project Qualification
- Health and Social Care