Welcome to the CJM website. Whilst it is difficult to anticipate the needs of those who visit the site, we have sought to make information accessible and navigation simple. I am very proud to be the head of CJM and even more proud of our girls.
“With God’s Grace we Excel and Lead”
Is at the heart of all our work. Our expectation is that all members of our community aspire to excellence – to be the best they can be and through our service to ourselves and the wider community we show true leadership. We are proud of our girl’s achievement and the progress they make in all areas: academic spiritual moral and social.
We know that we are successful in living our mission as all staff parents and governors are totally committed to excellence. This strength allows for our girls to make a smooth and happy transition from their primary schools to our academy and on to achieve excellent GCSE and A level grades. They develop into confident and articulate young woman.
For those of you who may be considering joining CJM the images and texts can only give you a flavour of what it means to be a member of our community. To arrive at a more informed decision I urge you to visit the school and see us in action. A visit in addition to the variety of information and external reports available on this site will put you in a much stronger position in terms of making an informed choice.
We have been in this part of Willesden for over 127 years. In 1888 the sisters of Jesus and Mary were at the cutting edge of education. Today high standards and expectations are still central to all we do. The legacy they have established continues.
Reports from external reviews include:
“The provision and experience of Catholic Life … is outstanding”
“Students from all key stages are incredibly proud of their school”
“Excellent opportunities are provided to students to develop their personal gifts and talents”.
(Diocese of Westminster)
Inclusion Quality Mark– 2016
The convent of Jesus and Mary Language College is an exceptional school that provides high quality education for catholic young women. Staff members show care, dedication and a high level of professionalism to ensure that the school provides a safe and secure environment for girls to learn and grow both emotionally and spiritually.
“Outstanding behaviour – student’s exhibit exemplary behaviour and a mature attitude to school… it is a safe place to learn”. (Ofsted 2013)
In our recent mock-Ofsted review in November 2015, the following comments were made:
The overall effectiveness is: Good
Summary of Key Findings:
- Students make outstanding progress from their starting points on entry to the school. Attainment at GCSE has risen in 2015 and is now above the national average. Progress in English is outstanding. Progress in mathematics is accelerating and is good.
- The quality of teaching is very good and there are many examples of outstanding practice. Teaching is vibrant and personalised to both the teacher and to the students. The quality of marking is of a very good quality.
- Students’ personal development, behaviour and welfare are outstanding. Students show pride in themselves and their school. Sixth form and Key Stage 4 students are exemplary role models for younger students. Students are very well prepared for life beyond school.
- The school’s work to keep students safe is exceptionally thorough. Because of this, students feel safe and they are happy.
- The headteacher’s is a highly effective leader. She has established a culture of high expectation and ambition. One of the keys to the success of the school is the speed at which any area of relative underperformance is tackled.
- Robust self-evaluation at all levels of leadership holds staff accountable for the achievement of students and the quality of teaching. The leadership of teaching and learning is a particular strength of the school.